Environmental Factors on Hair
Your hair needs to be protected from far more than your daily styling routine and intermittent chemical treatments like coloring. UV light from the sun can decrease your hair’s strength and rob it of moisture. Pollution and dirt take a toll on your blowout. Here are a few environmental factors that could be harming your beautiful tresses:
- Poor diet and dehydration: eating well and maintaining an adequate water intake are essential for healthy hair.
- While vitamin deficiencies or malnutrition do not directly affect hair cuticles, they can make hair vulnerable to factors that can damage the cuticle.
- A recent study showed that damage appears in hair cuticles when they undergo a drastic reduction in water hydration status. Some strong shampoos not only strip hair of its natural oils but also injure the cuticle by tearing up the overlapping scales.
- Any amount of heat on your hair can cause damage by lifting the overlapping scales where damaging substances can enter.
- Damaged hair cuticles can cause split ends and give your hair a rough look. Heat may also remove pieces of cuticle, causing a porous surface that weakens hair.
- Mild shampoos are gentler on hair cuticles, and not everyone must wash their hair every day.
- Routine use of ponytail holders, combs, and clips can eventually wear away the hair cuticle. Even touching your hair too much by brushing or finger twirling, will harm the cuticle as well.
- Chlorine found in swimming pools and the saltwater found in the ocean can damage your hair as well. Wetting your hair in the shower or applying a protective treatment before swimming can help reduce these damaging effects.
- Trimming your hair on a regular basis won’t prevent the damage, but it will stop it from getting worse.
- Use a conditioner in place of, as well as in conjunction with, your shampoo to help keep your hair strong, clean, and moisturized.
- Consider using hot oil and other conditioning treatments to help prevent your hair from breaking and splitting.
Signature Hair and Scalp Treatment
Our Signature Hair and Scalp Treatment gently and effectively restore and renew damaged hair and can be added to any hair service.
30 Minutes | $50
Haircut, Blow Dry, & Style
+ Signature Hair and Scalp Treatment
Achieve total hair renewal with a our Signature Hair and Scalp Treatment and a Haircut, Blow Dry, & Style.
90 Minutes | $125