Run to the Spa
Spring is finally here, which means race season is upon us. From now until November, you’ll see running events almost every weekend ranging from 5K races to full 26.2 mile marathons. Whether you are an avid runner, or just setting out on a personal quest to run your first race, massage therapy will help you get there stronger and faster!
These are just some of the benefits of getting regular massages throughout your training:
- Prevents injuries
- Reduces pain and soreness
- Increases flexibility
- Improves recovery time
- Increases performance potential
As always, consult with your therapist to see which massage is right for you. But as a general rule, three different types of massage at the proper time are recommended:
- Throughout your training, Therapeutic Massages. These massages combine movement with specific deep pressure techniques to actively release muscle adhesions and reduce scar tissue buildup, which can result from repetitive movement like running.
- A pre-event Sports Massage, two or three days prior to your race, to help stimulate your muscles and help you get physically and mentally invigorated for your big day.
- A post-event Signature Massage after you cross the finish line to help you recover, by relaxing your muscles and bringing your body back to a normal state of homeostasis.
Introductory Run Spa Package
The difference between winning and losing isn’t always only due to physical performance: it also requires mental strength. Our Introductory Run Package includes Good Day Good Night: a Spacoustic Audio Therapy set for you to use at home to enable you to quickly and easily achieve profound levels of meditation (Day) and to promote the deepest and most rejuvenating level of sleep (Night). Also included are a series of 3 Massages designed to maximize your body’s potential while also addressing repetitive stress.
($25.00 Off) Good Day Good Night Spacoustic Audio Therapy
($25.00 off) One pre-run 50 min Sports Massage
($25.00 off) One in-training 50 min Therapeutic Massage
($25.00 off) One post-run 50 min Signature Massage
Package total: $505.00 (regularly $605.00)
Commit yourself to your training, and reward yourself with regular massage. It will make running enjoyable, not painful. Because the toughest part about running a race is not getting to the finish line, but getting to the starting line. Massage will help you get to both.
James Roslon, LMT, NCTMB
Massage Therapist / Over 7 Years Experience
James was trained at the Cortiva Institute, Somerset School of Massage Therapy, and has been practicing massage for over 7 years. He is accredited by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), and currently holds licenses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He is also a professional member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). In addition to his ongoing massage training, James holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the College of New Jersey. His combination of experience and education allows him to provide an integrative approach to help his clients achieve their massage treatment goals.